Dear attendees

It is with a heavy heart that we have to announce the postponement of the joint meeting of the 21st Nordic Conference on Forensic Medicine (NCFM) and the 6th Annual Meeting of the Nordic Association of Forensic Toxicologists (NAFT), due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The new dates are November 16-18 2020. Our time plan for a two and a half day conference stands, closing the conference at 11:30 on Wednesday. (Optional Conference tour from 12:00). 

As you are all aware, the COVID-19 pandemic with its implications have been grave and the escalation worldwide in recent weeks and days is very worrying. This decision is not an easy one, however the health and safety of everyone involved is our first priority. We sincerely hope that the situation will be resolved by November.  

The preparation for the conference has been ongoing for almost two years and the committee and our conference organizers have already put a lot of effort into the planning. Postponing the event until early winter is the best solution we have at hand under these unprecedented circumstances.  

We will strive towards ensuring that the program will have only minimal revisions and all the speakers will retain their already allocated slots. 

We sincerely hope that you understand and agree with our decision. We acknowledge that for some of you, the new date may not be ideal, but we hope that you will be able to attend the conference. 

It is our intent and strong believe, that together we will make the conference in Reykjavik a very memorable event. 

And last but not least, the Organizing Committee sends their heartfelt support to all those affected in one way or another by COVID-19. 

Best regards from the Icelandic organizing committee. 

Pétur Guðmannsson, Svava Þórðardóttir, Kristín Ólafsdóttir, Ásdís Elva Aðalsteinsdóttir. 

---------------------------

Information regarding the postponement of the conference 

Registration
All confirmed and fully paid registrations will remain valid for the new date and there is no need to re-confirm. If you want to cancel your registration at this time, a small 10% cancellation fee will be charged and the remaining 90% will be refunded. After April 15th, registration cancellations will be based on a regular cancellation policy for the conference. 

 

Accommodation reserved through the conference registration system 
All booked accommodation will be moved to the new dates. For changes or cancellations please contact the conference organizers by e-mail to conferences@icelandtravel.is  
Cancellation of booked accommodation will be refunded in full before April 15th, after that, registration cancellations will be based on a cancellation policy for the hotels.  

 

Conference tour
The conference tour will remain the same. On the tour participants can experience the magnificent Reykjanes Peninsula. The tour will end at the Blue Lagoon with bathing and dinner. If the conditions are good and the sky is clear we will make a stop on our way back to Reykjavik, to see the Northern Lights! But if you want to cancel your booked tour you can, and it will be refunded in full before April 15th.
    

For-related issues
Please note that most transportation providers have made special provision to address COVID-19 related matters. Please contact your transportation provider directly. 

 

Sponsors
All sponsors will be contacted by the conference organizers, to review their options. We will strive to find a solution that is mutually beneficial. 

 

Submitted papers
Submitted papers will be held in the current position in the programme (including posters). 

Authors can choose to withdraw their paper from the Conference, which will remove it from the programme schedule and authors would be free to submit the paper elsewhere. 

Authors can choose to keep their papers in the Conference. There will be an opportunity to update or revise the paper up to a month of the new date. 

In case papers that have been selected for oral presentation are withdrawn from the Conference, Authors of selected papers for poster presentation may be invited to give an oral presentation.

You can contact us at the email address: conferences@icelandtravel.is
Best Regards,
Iceland Travel Conferences

 


                                                         

Copyright © 2001 - 2020 Artegis. All rights reserved. Artegis, Ch. du Vallon, 18, CH-1260 Nyon. event management system